The Verimoto Services are designed to help You and others better manage the upload, verification, and processing of documents and other information (collectively, ‘Documents’) provided by 3rd parties in relation to a proposed transaction (‘Document Providers’). You are deemed to have accepted these Terms if You use any part of the Verimoto Services.
- We hereby give You a personal, worldwide, non-assignable and non-exclusive right to access and use the Verimoto Services for the sole purpose of requesting, receiving, verifying, processing and managing Documents for a legal purpose. Use of the Verimoto Services does not guarantee any result whatsoever with regard to the purpose for which You use the Verimoto Services.
- You may need to be a registered member to access certain Verimoto Services. When You register and activate Your Verimoto Services account, We will provide You with a user name and password. You are responsible for keeping this user name and password secure and are responsible for all use and activity carried out under this user name. To create an account, You must be:
- at least 18 years of age;
- possess the legal right and ability to enter into a legally binding agreement with Us; and
- agree and warrant to use the Verimoto Services in accordance with these Terms.
- You agree to take all reasonable precautions to prevent any unauthorised access to, or use of, Your Verimoto Services account and Documents it contains, including the use of secure passwords. In no event shall We be held liable or responsible for any loss or damage You suffer or incur if You share Your password or do not adequately protect Your Verimoto Services account.
- If You have administrator rights to the Verimoto Services, You hereby undertake and accept full responsibility for:
- properly maintaining the list of users with access to Your instance of the Verimoto Services, including a regular review to ensure it remains appropriate and that all users who no longer require access to the Verimoto Services are removed;
- assigning and maintaining appropriate user access/roles/permissions, appropriately limiting those with administrator level of access to ensure appropriate security practices are used to prevent unauthorised access to the Verimoto Services by anyone other than authorised personnel;
- ensuring any custom roles defined by You and any other administrators are appropriate and enforced;
- ensuring the security settings of the Verimoto Services comply with Your specific security policy requirements;
- ensuring the supervision, management, and control of the use of the Verimoto Services by Your personnel and other authorised users;
- notifying Us of changes made to Your technical or administrative contact details;
- maintaining the security of data associated with integrations and API’s connected to the Verimoto Services which may result in confidential or sensitive data moving outside of the Verimoto Services into 3rd party applications;
- reporting any security related concerns or incidents to Our security team in a timely manner by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a full and accurate description of the concerns or incidents.
- We accept no responsibility whatsoever for the acts or omissions of any user You may give access or administrative rights to the Verimoto Services.
- The Verimoto Services allows Documents to be uploaded, verified, processed and managed. By using the Verimoto Services to receive and review Documents from Document Providers You hereby acknowledge that You are expressly authorised to do so and that a Document Provider’s personal information is collected, used and disclosed to You in accordance with these Terms.
- You hereby consent to Documents being verified, stored, used, deleted and otherwise dealt with for the express purpose Documents were provided by the 3rd parties. You hereby release Us from any liability whatsoever relating to how You may store, use, delete or distribute Documents, or that may result from any act or omission by You with regard to Documents or the purpose for which they were provided.
- If You provide Us with a 3rd party’s personal information, then You hereby agree to inform such 3rd party of the purpose for which that information is sought and will be used by Us (including that the supply of such information to make any enquiry to a governmental agency will be subject to an Information Match Request in relation to relevant Official Record Holder information of that 3rd party, and that a corresponding Information Match Result will be provided to Us via the use of 3rd party systems). In accordance with the Privacy Act 1988, We agree not use or disclose any government related identifier supplied to Us unless:
- the use or disclosure of the identifier is reasonably necessary for Us to verify the identity of the individual for the purposes of Our activities or functions; or
- the use or disclosure of the identifier is reasonably necessary for Us to fulfil Our obligations to a government agency or a State or Territory authority; or
- the use or disclosure of the identifier is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
Unless otherwise indicated, We own or license from 3rd parties all rights, title and interest (including copyright, designs, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights) in Our website and in all of the material (including all text, graphics, logos, audio and software) made available on Our website (‘Content’). Your use of Our website and use of and access to any Content does not grant or transfer any rights, title or interest to You in relation to Our website or the Content. However, We do grant You a licence to access the website and view the Content on these Terms and, where applicable, as expressly authorised by us and/or Our 3rd party licensors. Any reproduction or redistribution of Our website or the Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. In addition, You must not copy the Content to any other server, location or support for publication, reproduction or distribution is expressly prohibited. All other use, copying or reproduction of Our website, the Content or any part of it is prohibited, except to the extent permitted by Applicable Law.Our website is for Your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, commercially exploit, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any Content, software, products or services contained within or accessible via Our website. You may not use Our website, or any of its Content, to further any commercial purpose, including any advertising or advertising revenue generation activity on Your own website.You must not do any act that We would deem to be inappropriate, is unlawful or is prohibited by any Applicable Law, including but not limited to:
- any act that would constitute a breach of either the privacy (including uploading private or personal information without an individual’s consent) or any other of the legal rights of individuals;
- using Our website to defame or libel Us, Our employees or other individuals;
- uploading files that contain viruses that may cause damage to Our property or the property of other individuals;
- posting or transmitting to Our website any non-authorised material including, but not limited to, material that is, in Our opinion, likely to cause annoyance, or which is defamatory, racist, obscene, threatening, pornographic or otherwise or which is detrimental to or in violation of Our systems or a 3rd party’s systems or network security.
If We allow You to post any information to Our website, We have the right to take down this information at Our sole discretion and without notice.
We reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate without notice Your access to Our website, any Content, or any feature of Our website at any time without notice and We will not be responsible for any loss, cost, damage or liability that may arise as a result.
- Their Driver Licence (with biometric validation using an image of their face)
- Asset Identification Number (e.g. VIN, HIN)
- Asset Registration Details (e.g. Number plate)
- Asset Ownership Documents (e.g. Registration)
- Asset Images
- Bank account details
In addition to the explicit data requested, the Verimoto Services collects the following as a part of the security and validation process:
- Their Location
- Their IP Address
- Their email address
We may be able to provide some services without requiring 3rd parties to identify themselves. For example, they may be able to upload certain Documents without having to reveal any of their personal information. However, by their nature most of the Verimoto Services usually require 3rd parties to disclose personal information before We can provide that product or service. Accordingly, We may collect the following types of personal information when You ask a 3rd party to use the Verimoto Mobile App or any of the Verimoto Services:
- Mailing/street address
- email address
- telephone number
- other contact details
- age/date of birth
- device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information
- details of the Verimoto Services We have provided or that someone has enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those Verimoto Services and respond to any enquiries;
- any additional information provided to Us directly or indirectly through the Verimoto Services, or through other websites or accounts from which We are able to collect information;
- information provided to Us through customer surveys; and/or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate dealings with Us using the Verimoto Services.
We only collect and hold personal information with consent, in limited situations which Applicable Law allows. We may collect these types of personal information either directly, or from external sources. We may collect this information when someone:
- registers to use the Verimoto Services or uses the Verimoto Services;
- communicates with Us through correspondence, chats, email, or when they share information with Us from other social applications, services or websites;
- interact with the Verimoto Services, websites, Content and advertising; and/or
- invests in Our business or enquires as to a potential purchase in Our business.
In some cases We might collect personal information from external sources with express consent as part of the Verimoto Services provided by Us.
We will take reasonable steps to inform anyone from whom We have collected personal information, unless:
- it is not reasonable to do so;
- it is apparent from the circumstances that they are aware of the collection; and/or
- they would expect Us to have the information.
Why do We collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable access and use of the Verimoto Services, and any other products and services We may offer;
- to comply with Our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that We may have with any user of the Verimoto Services, and enforce Our agreements with 3rd parties;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise the Verimoto Services, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested.
Do We use personal information for direct marketing?
We do NOT use any of the personal information provided to Us for any direct marketing or other such purpose. We may, however, communicate with regards to an update regarding the Service’s features, pricing or other relevant issues.
To whom do We disclose personal information?
We may disclose personal information for the purposes described in these Terms to:
- any entity, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, as required, authorised or permitted by law or a court order;
- any person, entity or platform provider authorised by You or acting on Your behalf;
- Our employees, contractors and related bodies corporate;
- 3rd party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of the Verimoto Services, or in connection with providing any other products and services);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents; or
- anyone to whom Our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We will not, without express consent, disclose personal information outside of Australia to 3rd party suppliers located in other countries. In the event that We obtain express consent to the disclosure of personal information outside of Australia We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles, but You hereby acknowledge and agree that We may not be able to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Law.
Using Our website and cookies
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and We use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect personal information. However, We cannot guarantee the security of personal information. We have processes in place to identify, manage and remediate privacy and data breaches in accordance with Our obligations under Applicable Law, including the notifiable data breach regulations. We educate Our staff about Our obligations to protect personal information and impose contractual obligations of confidentiality and strict controls over their access to any personal data. We will co-operate with Our customers, agents, and partners to promptly notify them of any privacy and data breaches in cases where there is a likelihood of a real risk of serious harm given the circumstances of the breach.
The Verimoto Services may contain links to other websites or services operated by 3rd parties. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. Unless expressly stated otherwise, We are not responsible for the privacy practices of, or any content on, those linked websites or services, and have no control over or rights in those linked websites or services. The privacy policies that apply to those other websites or services may differ substantially from these Terms, so We encourage You to read them before using those websites or services.
Accessing or correcting personal information
You can access the personal information We hold about You by contacting Us using the Contact Us or similar function on Our website. Your access to Your personal information is subject to some exceptions permitted by Applicable Law, including any situation in which We reasonably believe that:
- providing access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of You or any other person;
- access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of any other person;
- the information is protected from disclosure by Applicable Law;
- release of the information would be prejudicial to Us in relation to a legal or administrative dispute or complaint; or
- the information is protected by confidentiality obligations or is Our intellectual property and disclosure would be contrary to Our legal or commercial interests.
if We refuse to provide You with access to Your personal information We will, if reasonable to do so, provide You with a written explanation outlining the reasons for Our refusal. The explanation will also outline the steps available to You to complain about Our refusal.
We may also need to verify Your identity when You request Your personal information. If You think that any personal information We hold about You is inaccurate, please contact Us and We will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
if You think We have breached the Privacy Act, or You wish to make a complaint about the way We have handled personal information, You can contact Us via letter to the address below or via the Contact Us function on Our website at www.verimoto.com. Please include Your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe Your complaint. We will acknowledge Your complaint and respond to You regarding Your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If You think that We have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, We will provide You with information about the further steps You can take.
In the event that We are unable to resolve Your complaint to Your satisfaction, We will inform You as to how You can escalate the complaint to the appropriate external dispute resolution body. In cases of privacy related complaints, this is generally the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). There is specific information about the OAIC complaints and investigation process on the OAIC website at http://www.oaic.gov.au/ and contact details are:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW
Phone: 1300 363 992
For further information about these Terms, Our current practices, or to access or correct personal information, or to make a complaint, please contact Us using the details set out below: EFFECTIVE: 23 September, 2020
Verimoto Pty Ltd
Level 2, 6 The Corso
Manly NSW 2095
CONTACT US FORM